- ABOUT US
- FLAGSHIP PROGRAMS
- Other Programs
- Contact Us
Posted: May 12, 2017
Busuanga, Palawan - Conservation partner sites of Malampaya Foundation Inc (MFI) in the Calamianes region, Palawan received the top accolades at USAID’s Recognition Awards for Calamianes’ Enhanced ecosystems (RACE) awards.
The RACE awards aims to recognise effectively-managed marine protected areas (MPAs) at the marine key biodiversity area level and reward those that are properly governed while providing the most socio-economic benefits to the intended beneficiaries, document best practices in MPA mgmt for potential replication across MKBA sites, contribute to the enrichment of the MSN database across the country and select a site for entry to the national MPA ‘Para El Mar awards.
MFI partner sites that garnered marine protected area (MPA) awards were:
Best Emerging MPAs:
• 1st Place- Bgy Marcilla MPA of Bgy Marcilla , Coron Palawan
• 2nd Place-Bgy Lajala MPA of Bgy Lajala, Coron Palawan
• 3rd Place-Pical MPA of Bgy Pical, Linapacan
Best IP-managed MPA:
• 1st Place Bgy. Bulalacao, MPA of Bgy.Bulalacao, Coron, Palawan
• 3rd Place-San Miguel MPA of Bgy San Miguel, Linapacan